Monday, November 22, 2010

Lady Macbeth

I really hope I don't come through like a pompous ass or one of those annoying people who put up boring things on their blog... But I have to, really have to put up my first attempt at a sonnet here. (It was submitted as an assignment in college)
Sonnets are a mildly irritating form of poetry of 14 lines. They follow a certain rhyme scheme (that's a little convoluted, if you must know! :P) and aren't the easiest things to write in the world. In any case, without further ado, here goes...

Lady Macbeth.

She was born to alter history;
A determined wife, powerful and ambitious,
Her character surrounded by enigma and mystery,
She was an honoured noblewoman perceived as virtuous.
She had a fatal flaw that was a chalice of greed,
It consumed her husband and her sanity,
Regicide, which is believed to be the seed
Led to their downfall; murder without sagacity.
Poise and composure she did attempt,
But apparitions and a pricking conscience didn't desist,
Forced to withdraw she became unkempt,
And sleepless nights did persist.
She jumped to her death when she could bear no more,
And it was all for a crown that she never wore.



PS: I did well on the assignment! :)

7 comments:

Jinju S. said...

Brilliant! :)

Vineetha said...

cool ya!!!

Peter Kenny said...

Lady Macbeth was always one of my favorite villainesses and I'd say that you've done her justice here. She did of course end up quite barking mad but they didn't have valium in those days. I've previously read posts in your blog so I thought that it was about time to say hello.

Tee-hee said...

@ Jinju, thanks ya! :)

@ Hohum, :D

@ Pete, hello! Hehe, no they didn't!... Thanks for going through my blog. Hope you enjoyed reading it :)

Peter Kenny said...

It looks like you enjoy your blog and that always makes them fun to read. My blog is a technical and I probably should have warned you when I first commented in case you found it too bizarre. I'm currently visiting family in Trinidad although I usually live in the UK. Whereabouts are you?

Tee-hee said...

Well, yes. I like writing and strive not to bore my readers. Glad you think my blog entries make for a fun read :)... I'll admit I was confounded on going through yours... I'm from India.

Peter Kenny said...

I also have travelblog from my 2009/2010 round the trip. It's just over a year behind buit seeing as it's mainly for showing photos that's not to much of a problem. It's in travelpod which unfortunately does not enable commenting on non-travelpod blogs like a blogger ID does. Here's the URL just in case you're interested:

http://travelpod.com/members/peter.kenny