Sunday, April 25, 2010

Love Aaj, no kal!

Statutory Warning : Not one of my humorous entries, so if you're looking for laughs, steer clear of this one!

Relationships. Aren't we all in one, at some point or the other? Some big, some small; some tiny, some huge; some with the opposite gender, some with the same (If your door swings both ways), some relationships that we don't even realise we've made, and some we realise only when its too late (Did the last part just rhyme?!)...
No I don't intend for this entry to be a sad, moppy one. Cause really, who wants to read about the dull stuff... I know I don't. Well today, I want to write about something that's been playing on my mind for the last coupe of days.
I read an article a few days ago about this generations' take on relationships. Yeah, 'Love aaj kal' in the literal sense. As cliched as it may sound, I recoiled at the in-your-face opinions that a lot of young people had given. Living-in, Getting bored of each other too soon, having flings, two timing, indulging in one night stands...
I don't mean to be all high and mighty or condescending when I say it... But I think its a whole pile of rot. I do not belong to the very old school of thought of being conservative and regressive, but I don't think its okay to change ones love interest every couple of months. [I also know that if somebody does, it's none of my business but I'll dish out my opinion anyway ;)]
And hang on, even if one manages to get themselves eye candy every now and then, how do they do that? (Not how they landed with pretty face, smarty!) What I mean is, does a switch just go off in their heads? Do they unplug something somewhere? Do they suddenly change modes? Do they get indifferent? Just like that? HOW?!
I've been through my share of crushes and have had them crushed too, so I know from experience it's not that simple. Doesn't work that way. Ever... Well, atleast for the likes of me!
The whole point of my writing this blog entry is to try and tell a small part of humanity out there... That not all 'young people' are in for instant gratification. Some of us are here for commitment. Some of us are here for having it long term. Some of us are here for sticking it out.... Or not having it at all.
It's tough taking a stand like that sometimes... Especially if there are attractive deals out there. But the decision is final. I'd rather have the heart ache of unrequited love, than go on a rebound from one to another to another to another. I rest my case.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ashuu..really true ..very nice!!!

The rising Sun said...

:) hmmm very heart felt n true ! :)

Unknown said...

plus ders no shame in having old school beliefs !!! and not being UP TO DATE wid OUR generation!!! its more like being matured and fooling around never goes a long way anyways!!

Tee-hee said...

@ Sneha, thanks yaar. Glad you subscribe to this school of thought too! :) :)

@ Anu, sudden burst of emotion you see! :P ;)

@ Evi, hear hear! :D

Mahita said...

very very true. u just echoed my thoughts,i have been thinking along the same lines too and i am pretty disgusted on this generations take on relationships and commitment. Its the "i-me-myself" attitude that most youngsters diaplay.They do not have patience to deal with things. Whats worse, even if there are people out in that generation who are like u and me, the entire generation is being branded the same thing.People have lost trust in this generation when it comes to committment.Ive had my own share of experiences.

Tee-hee said...

@ Mahita, I can truly empathize ya... :)