Monday, July 12, 2010

Oops!!

Faux pas, foot in the mouth problems, embarrassing moments. Yes we're all acquainted with the afore mentioned terms. Some of us have family members who suffer with it. Some of us have friends like that and some of us are the menace themselves, hardly ever realising it. I'm one such case.
In all honesty, I didn't think it was quite bad, but when I thought back of my journey thus far...I had to change my mind. My experience and expertise in causing trauma has been varied.
I've been responsible for a well proportioned aunty "accidently" slipping and landing her derriere on a plate of baingan ka bharta, I've happily gossiped to someone blissfully unaware that she was a sibling of the person in question. I've single handedly been responsible for an old aunt fall comically into a lake. (Because I'd begun rowing the boat away while she still had a leg in two separate ones)
I've complained to the wrong parent about the wrong kid at school thus setting off a chain reaction (while I was a teacher), I've slipped and cascaded down a flight of stairs in the full view 10-15 adults. I've been hit on my behind with a cricket ball and yelled at the wrong guy for ten minutes.
So yes, I've had more than my share of 'boo-boo' moments. I won't deny that they make funny stories after the incidents. But saying something lame to do damage control or have a high strung Sindhi relative thrash around in water shouting cuss words (in the language I didn't understand) wasn't easy to deal with. The former made me cringe and the latter made me want to row farther away. But the worst yet would have to be, facing the glowering aunty with a brinjal still stuck on her... well... Now THAT was difficult. Ever tried making a snort sound like a cough, anyone...?

1 comment:

The rising Sun said...

my godddd !!! lol :D ! CHEERS