Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ode to the Diamond Ring.

It sat pretty on my finger,
and complimented it just fine;
Made my hand look nice and dainty
I was so pleased when it had come to be mine.

It was passed down from generations,
and I remember feeling really blessed;
To be chosen among my siblings
to be gifted with the best.

I'd worn it for long,
and hardly taken it off;
Too scared I had been,
of showing it off.

It was made beautifully,
and it fit just right;
Although over the course of time,
it had gotten a bit tight (!)

But all the better,
I had thought gleefully;
No chance of it getting out,
no chance of it slipping, you see.

But alas my fear,
finally did come true;
When a good turn I was doing
from my finger it flew.

So much for heaving cartons,
and helping people out;
Now I'm left ringless,
and nothing to flout!

I'm not being vain,
and I don't mean to brag;
Its just sad to lose precious things,
Things we were so lucky to have ever had.

Now that it's gone,
I'm morose if you please;
I wish the ring was still there,
And through the generations would never cease.

5 comments:

Alter Ego said...

Nice one again! Little sad :(

Tee-hee said...

Temme about it! :(

rosh said...

Aww!! koi nai,soon some prince charming will shower you wit all he jewels in the world!! ;) :D

Vineetha said...

ayyio!!!tragic that!!

Tee-hee said...

Isn't it, vinne... (sighs)....Hehe, thanks lo, par woh irreplaceable tha na... nevermind, the prospect of receiving those jewels you mentioned, is uplifting though :)