Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rain. What a Pain!

So for all you rain lovers out there, this blog entry is not for you. Having said that, I do wish that you'll take the previous sentence with a pinch of salt because I just said that to give this blog entry a grand beginning. Put up with my feeble attempt at humour. In reality, I don't think I even have such a wide readership in the first place, to be assuming that there'll be a percentage who DON'T like rains. 5 outta 5 friends who read my blog like them. (See what I mean! :P)
Anyway, coming to the point. Rain. Why I Don't like it dates back to the stone age of when I was a kid. Dunno what triggered it, but I've always thought of rain bringing gloom and even boredom, to an extent. Therefore, you can't blame me for not liking it and hating it even more when I get wet, splattered and splashed on. How I manage to look like a scare crow at the end of a rainy day wouldn't surprise you if you knew what I'm put through when in college.
I study in a university that's well known for its huge campus, greenery and plenty of flora and fauna. Somehow, all of these hold very less appeal to me, now that the rains are here.
The paths get so muddy and slushy that one's forced to do a tight rope walk ( yeah, complete with your arms sticking out) in order to not slip and fall, face down. Puddles are like well used palttes. The array of colours you can get from one tiny dirty pool of water is amazing. Light brown, dark brown, grey. You name it! The after effect of stepping into one makes you seem like a likely candidate for a 'Tide' detergent ad. You being the 'before' version of course.
The sudden outburst of fauna in the form of shudder worthy insects and worms (that literally crawl out of the wood work) makes you want to run to the hills. Then again, you've to be sure toward what kind of hills. There are plenty of ant and snake hills all over the place and you don't for the love of your sensibilities want to run into either.
Mosquitoes and flies deserve another blog entry dedicated to them. I cannot begin telling you how difficult it is to try and listen to a sleepy lecture through one ear and have a mosquito hum in the other. It's at times like these you wonder why in the name of everything holy didn't Noah swat those two blasted things on his ark!
But only just a dealing with a rainy day is not the start of my woes. It's making a commute from the university to my house that really tests my patience. I've used every mode of transport save air and water ways in this transit. Well, to be fair, I haven't travelled in a truck yet, but going by the way things are, I'm sure I might get to travel in filmy style of sitting on stacks of hay sometime. I just don't want bugs for company!
So yeah, running (un)like a pretty heroine to catch a train, stepping into slush more often than I would like, having people open umbrellas in my face and accidentally poking people with my own, is just about my routine on a rainy day. Nah, not too much to complain about in contrast to bad days when I encounter leeches and caterpillars, have to wade through water in white or have to dry off in class smelling like a wet blanket and then having to face my professor whose behaves like one!

5 comments:

rosh said...

Lol! well written!! really funny!:) but no,that wont stop me from loving the rains! ;) :D

Alter Ego said...

Love the visual descriptions!! Vivid! And man I hate gettin wet too, jsut like lookim. You can say 41/2 friends like rain!

Tee-hee said...

Lo, Thanks churry! And yeah, I know that nothing in the world ever would :)

Kroony, Four and a half friends it is! Hehe, thanks man! :D :P

Vineetha said...

Seconding Karuna, awesome description! and you know how people talk to God right...?one of topics I would go back to as a kid when I spoke to Him was why He CREATED him in the first place!!I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply!

Tee-hee said...

Lol Vinne!! But I can assure you none of us even want the answer if THAT'S how we've to figure it! :P