Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We grow up everyday...

I was just reading some diary entries I'd made last year and I couldn't help but notice how things have changed since then... Drastically. It's amazing yet amusing to think of all the childish and girlie things one writes in the privacy of one's diary. And it's a good thing it stays private, cause nobody, for the whole world would want to be put through the horror of someone getting hold of a book that consists of one's deepest, (even if not-so-dark) secrets.
I've maintained diaries since I was about 12 and it's entertaining to read some of those entries... But most of the time, all one ends up thinking is- 'Really?? I thought like that? What in the name of Sweet Mary was wrong with me?!'
Another thing about diaries is that they make one want to go and live in the past. When things weren't as complicated, when we didn't know how things would eventually turn out, when things were just right...
But the best part about diaries is this. They make one realise how much one's grown as an individual. One has the opportunity to look back and smile... To think that 'Yeah I was a dork back then... but at least I'm richer for the experience'... and maybe/hopefully/definitely/certainly, I've learnt my lessons and shouldn't do the same all over again....

This blog entry was made in loving memory of every stupid thing that's happened in my life. I'm thankful I shouldn't have to be in the similar predicaments again (That's if I go by my grand theory of learning from my bad experiences)... Therefore presently, my motto: Bring on a fresh new bunch of foolish lessons to learn from. 'Cause after all, life's about growing up everyday :)

No comments: